"WHO ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?"
We're looking for a hand-picked small group of CEOs (10-20) who are leading companies in self-managed, Participation Age ways. We're aiming to create a committed community where you can build relationships with a strategic network of people that will exponentially expand your learning and leadership.
“IS THAT ME?” (ASK YOURSELF THESE 3 QUESTIONS:)
- “Am I a CEO or Co-CEO?” Maybe you don't call yourself this, but you lead the primary "strategic direction / vision" role in your org; that's great too. (If yes, go on!)
- “Do I run a self-managed, "Participation Age," human-centered company?” (If yes, go on!)
- “Would I like to meet other Participation Age CEOs that I can share ideas with and who will help me sharpen my thinking/actions?” (If yes, please join us!)
“HMM, I’M STILL NOT SURE. CAN YOU TELL ME MORE?”
Of course! As you lead your organization, do you…
- Invite the whole messy human experience into the workplace?
- Encourage your stakeholders (not "employees") to question everything?
- Focus your efforts on leading via inspiration and a passion for your mission?
- Train other people to solve problems and let others make as many decisions as possible?
- Focus more on results (ownership/responsibility) than process (giving lists of tasks)?
- Build a company WITH your stakeholders (not "employees")?
- Focus more on making meaning more than making money?
- Have no set work hours?
- Have no vacation policy?
- Share profits with everyone in the company?
A few other signs you might look for in your organization:
- People require no “management”
- No one person can fire another person
- Titles (if used) reflect a person's value-add in a role, not functional "authority"
- Turnover of awesome people is extremely low
- "Employees" become committed Stakeholders in self-managed work teams
- Policy manuals are replaced with a few written beliefs and principles
- People focus on making meaning, not just money (and generally make a lot more of BOTH as a result)
- “Re-humanizing the workplace” is a company-wide practice, not a “department”
If this is sounding like you (or what you’re already actively working toward), just get in here already. We need your perspective and insight in this community!
“WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO JOIN THE COMMUNITY?”
If you join us, you’re committing to a few things:
- To run your company in a self-managed, "Participation Age" way
- To show a high degree of self-awareness, vulnerability, and humility
- To be open to expand your awareness/knowledge by sharing and learning
- To actively participate in the Summit gatherings, in our Slack group, and in your CEO Mastermind Group
“OK, I'M IN. WHAT DO I DO?”
The first step will be to join us at the next CEO Summit. This community and event is by invite-only, so we encourage you to get a bit more info on the Summit first.